This is the best Pecan Cookie recipe ever! Everyone needs a good cookie recipe in their life, and this is defiantly mine. Personally, I love a cookie that is both chewy and crispy, and this is both of those. Pecans usually are underrated in my opinion and don’t get used all that much. The crisp buttery cookie baked with the pecan nuts make for a real special treat, which is why I think they are perfect! For a little added bonus, roll the cookies into rounds the night or day before and place them into the freezer. This way you can pop out a coupe at a time without the need to bake them all at once.
Yields 24 cookies
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup organic sugar
1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 2 Tbsp. filtered water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a kitchen aid mixer, add butter and sugar and cream for 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla, egg replacer and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined and then mix in the chopped pecans.
- Using a 1” cookie scoop, dispense cookies and bake until they puff. Roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool completely. Transfer to a cookie tray or package in a tin.
Chef’s tip: Feel free to add any other nuts to this or swapping the extract for another flavor!