These are probably the most addictive Christmas cookie I have come across (thanks, Mom). As long as I can remember, these cookies have always made an appearance each Christmas. Essentially, these cookies are like a graham cracker brittle with slivered almonds. They are perfect alone or with some non-dairy vanilla ice cream, which is actually my favorite way to eat them. Everyone needs a recipe like this and I am happy I get to share it with each of you. Who is ready to get baking because I sure am!
1 box Nabisco original graham crackers (break into 4 sections)
2 sticks vegan butter, melted
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
Slivered almonds, evenly coat each square
- Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Spread crackers on two 15×10 cookie sheets.
- In a small pot, melt butter and sugar, and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour over crackers and evenly smear across, then sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove cookies from pan while still warm, because they harden quickly. Place on a wire wrack to cool completely.
- Store in container to retain freshness.
Chef’s tip: Dont over bake these cookies, they will burn quickly.