Pumpkin pie is a notorious fall-inspired dish that makes its way on to the dinner table during numerous holiday parties throughout the autumn season. Normally comprising of eggs, dairy, and heavy cream- this recipe leaves those out! This raw vegan dessert uses a cashew “cream cheese” as it’s base, only to be accented with flavorful aromatics such as lemon juice, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice seasoning. Instead of using your oven for this dessert, you’ll only need a mixer and food processor. Can’t wait for you to sink your mouth into this wholesome plant-based and non-baked pumpkin cheesecake!
Yields 15 servings
1/2 cup Vitacost pure maple syrup
2 tsp. pumpkin spice seasoning
2 8 oz. containers of Miyoko’s “Cream Cheese”
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2-2 cups pumpkin purée, homemade
1 tsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 cups raw almonds, unsalted
8 mejdool dates, pitted
1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
4 Tbsp. vegan butter or coconut oil
1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice seasoning
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 13.5 oz. can coconut milk, full fat
1/4 tsp. powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- To make your crust using a food processor, combine the graham cracker crumbs, coconut oil, and mejdool dates. Pulse until mixture is well combined and is crumbly-looking.
- Press crust mixture into a 11”x7” cake pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a Kitchen-aid stand mixer, pour “cream cheese”, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice, and lemon juice and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pie crust and place into the freezer for at least 2 hours to set (overnight-48 hours preferred).
- In your stand mixer, combine coconut cream, vanilla, and powdered sugar and whisk for 2-3 minutes until very smooth, be careful not to over mix.
- Once bars have set, allow to defrost for 20 minutes before slicing into equal squares and top with whipped cream and a pecan.
Chef’s tip: Feel free to make the crust out of walnuts and almonds or use a mixture of graham cracker crumbs with walnuts or almonds.