I give to you these UNREAL Dark Chocolate Gem Cookies that are completely vegan and totally amazing!! Taking one of my new favorite on-the-go snacks and using them as a chocolate chip replacement was the best idea ever. These cookies have the perfect sweet and salty kick that will cure any sweet tooth. Be sure to keep an eye out for my vegan chocolate peanut butter cheesecake garnished with the @unreal.snack Crispy Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup.
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup organic cane sugar
2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 4 Tbsp. filtered water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/2 cups King Arthur organic flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1 cup UNREAL Dark Chocolate Gems
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla mixing until well combined.
- Pour in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir mixture just until combined. Fold in the chocolate gems and refrigerate the dough for 10 minutes.
- Using a cookie scooper, dispense the cookie dough into a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Cool on rack for 1 to 2 minutes before placing on a cooling rack.
- Store in your pantry for 2 to 3 days.
Chef’s tip: If your cookies do not flatten completely, lightly press down using a spatula.
2 Replies to “UNREAL Dark Chocolate Gem Cookies”
How many eggs does this recipe call for? I’m using applesauce as an egg replacer. Thanks!
I would try 1 cup of applesauce to replace the egg replacer (2 eggs).
The Vegan Rhino
Comments are closed.