Bringing the bakery to your house with my Freshly Baked Italian Bread Recipe this week! This homemade bread is warm, crusty, and perfect for sandwiches, toast, or scooping excess pasta sauce off your plate (just saying). Either way, this Italian bread is purely organic, fresh, and scrumptious. If you’re ready to get your hands messy, let’s get baking!
Yields 1 loaf
Serves 8-10 slices
1 cup luke warm water
1-1/4 tsp. active dry yeast
1/2 tsp. organic cane sugar
1 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
2-3/4 cup King Arthur flour
- In a large bowl, combine the warm water with the yeast. Mix and set aside until bubbles form. Add the sugar, half the flour, and salt.
- Using your dough hook, beat ingredients- slowly adding remaining flour until dough forms.
- Remove dough from the bowl, and place onto a well-floured area. Knead the dough for roughly 5 minutes. Place into a greased bowl, covering the top as well with the grease.
- Cover the dough and allow to rise for an hour or until doubled in size. Once done rising, punch dough down, shape into a loaf, and place on to a greasing baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover the dough once again and let rise, this time for 30 minutes (dough should double in shape). Before baking, make 2 diagonal slashes on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the pan and on to a wire rack.
Chef’s tip: How to know when you’re done kneading? By pressing your finger into the dough, if the indent stays, you are good to go.
You must be logged in to post a comment.