This Matcha Ice Cream recipe is both creamy and has a great umami taste. Ice cream usually consists of dairy, sugar, and eggs but this plant-based version uses none. When you think of cold tasty creations, matcha green tea can be a unique alternative! A little background, this tea dates back roughly 900 years when Bhuddist monks brought it to Japan. It is known for its superfood health benefits, having lots of antioxidants, helps regulate the immune system, and detoxify your body. How cool is all of that in your ice cream! Desserts can still be delicious, healthy, and satisfying while living a vegan life.
Yields 4 servings (per 2 scoops)
1 cup plain almond milk
2 cups full-fat coconut cream
1/4 cup organic raw agave
Pinch Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
2-3 Tbsp. organic Matcha powder
- Place your ice cream bowl into the freezer overnight.
- In a Vitamix blender, place all ingredients in and blend until well combined.
- Pour into a mason jar and put into the fridge while you wait for your ice cream bowl to freeze overnight.
- Once ready, pour your mix into the ice cream maker and set until soft serve ice cream forms. Put into freezer for 1-2 hours to allow to firm up.
- Serve with whipped cream or toppings of choice.
Chef’s tip: If you don’t have an ice cream maker, place the mixture into a metal bowl and into the freezer. Give it a stir every 45 minutes or so until you achieve your desired consistency. Can take up to 2 hours this way but works just as well.
You must be logged in to post a comment.