Pizza making is one of the greatest things you can do with your time! Making your own dough from scratch, letting it rise, and putting the time and effort into forming the pie makes for a super gratifying end result. For any cheese or pizza lover, this recipe will leave your belly full and super satisfied from all your work. Making an organic pizza is truly delicious and once you see how quick you can make them yourselves, you’ll be a home pizza shop in no time.
Yields 2 pizzas
4 cups King Arthur organic flour
1 tsp. organic sugar
1 Tbsp. instant dry yeast
1-1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp. avocado oil
1 cup tomato sauce
2 cups veggies of choice
2 cups shredded cheese of choice
- In a bowl, combine warm water, oil, sugar, yeast and mix allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- In another bowl, add flour and salt. Pour in the starter and knead dough until dough is well together.
- Place in a greased bowl and allow to rise for 30-45 minutes. Take the dough out and slice into two pieces. Allow to rest again covered with a dish towel for an additional 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Roll into circular shape on a dusted board with flour and top with sauce, vegetables of choice, and cheese of choice.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on a pizza stone or until edges are golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
Chef’s tip: Be sure to poke holes in the dough before adding sauce or toppings. This will keep your dough from puffing up when it bakes.