Growing up, I have always had a sweet tooth for sugary treats. As I’ve gotten older my taste buds want something more! The earthy undertones of the tea mixed together with the sweet vanilla makes for a subtle but irresistible flavor combination. Interesting fact about these cookies, the tea acts as a natural food dye so these delicious treats are even healthier than they look!
Yields 24 cookies
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup organic sugar
1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 2 Tbsp. filtered water
1 tsp. peppermint extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1 tsp. matcha
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a kitchen aid mixer, add butter and sugar and cream for 2-3 minutes. Add the peppermint, egg replacer and mix to combine.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and matcha. Stir until combined and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1” cookie scoop, dispense cookies and bake until they puff. Roughly 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow to cool completely. Transfer to a cookie tray or package in a tin.
Chef’s tip: For a professional touch, sprinkle granulated sugar on top of the cookies before baking.