Have you ever had the chance to enjoy a light and fluffy Russian Teacake cookie during Christmas? If you haven’t, this cookie is perfect since it only uses a handful of ingredients and goes well with any cup of coffee or tea. In thinking back to when my mother would make these, id always manage to sneak a few that were freshly rolled in the powder sugar and slightly warm! Boy oh boy were those the best.
Yields 36 cookies
1 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
powdered sugar to roll
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a kitchen-aid mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla, salt and slowly incorporate the flour into the mixture until the cookie dough forms. Then add the pecans until combined.
- Roll the dough into 1-in diameter balls and place onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until set, not browned.
- Remove form oven and roll the warm cookie into the powdered sugar. Take out of the powder sugar and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, place the cookies back into the powder sugar and re-roll to coat.
- Serve with coffee or tea.
Chef’s tip: If you’d like, you could also make this recipe with hazelnuts. Just roast them and crack them open!