These cookies are the absolute best (especially during Christmas time)! As long as I can remember, my mother would make these cookies and they have become a yearly tradition to enjoy. My favorite part of this cookie is the shortbread like chewy cookie with chocolate on top. It is the perfect duo and the taste is incredible.
1 cup vegan butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp. egg replacer + 1 Tbsp. filtered water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. Himalayan fine pink salt
2 cups all=purpose organic flour
1-3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter sugar. Stir in the egg replacer. Add the vanilla, salt, and slowly mix the flour in.,
- On a parchment-lined 13×9-inch pan, pat out the cookie dough into an even layer.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and spread melted chocolate over the top, sprinkling with chopped nuts. Allow to cool before cutting into small squares.
- Serve or store in a container in the refrigerator to retain maximum freshness.
Chef’s tip: Sprinkle with coconut flakes.