Need something quick-and-easy to make for an upcoming party or friendly gathering? Nothing screams hors d’oeuvres for a party quite like bruschetta. Crusty sliced French baguette is drizzled with olive oil and baked to perfection. Each slice rubbed with garlic and topped with fresh tomato and basil salad with balsamic and oil. Keep an eye on these because they will disappear before you know it!
Serves: 5 (3 slices per serving)
1 French baguette, sliced diagonally
8 plum tomatoes
1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, to garnish (chiffonade cut)
3 garlic cloves, minced (plus 1 peeled whole garlic clove)
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. avocado oil, extra for bread
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice baguette diagonally and place on baking sheet. Lightly drizzle each side with avocado oil and bake for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and scrape tops with garlic.
- Slice plum tomatoes in half and scoop out seeds. Slice into long strips and cube.
- In a bowl, combine cubed plum tomatoes, basil, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and mix. Refrigerate until cold, roughly 30 minutes.
- Serve on toasted bread slices and garnish with basil.
Chef’s tip: For best flavor, make the tomato mixture the night before and refrigerate until ready to use.