Serve these fried pickles as an appetizer or side dish at dinner and watch them disappear! Fried pickles have an awesome flavor combination that when fried, are simply divine. Although I don’t eat too much fried foods, these in my opinion are well worth it!
Yield: roughly 45 pickles, 1 cup sauce
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. organic all-purpose flour
1 tsp. Gustus Vitae Greek seasoning
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
3/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. hot sauce
16 oz. dill pickles, sliced and drained
Southern-Style Comeback Sauce
3/4 cup plant-based mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. ketchup
1-3 Tbsp. hot sauce
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
- In small bowl, stir together sauce ingredients and set aside. Drain pickles and save juice. Place pickles on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Preheat 2” inches oil in a pot over medium heat to 375 degrees F.
- In a rimmed dish, whisk together all ingredients until smooth. In small batches, add pickles to batter to coat and let excess drip off. Add pickles to oil one at a time.
- Fry pickles 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on kitchen towel.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Chef’s tip: Make sure to dry the pickles before coating in the batter. This helps keep them crispy.