This is an easy no-fail meatless “meatloaf” recipe smeared with a homemade balsamic-ketchup glaze. Being thst it doesn’t take long to make, you’ll be ready to eat in no time. This flavorful recipe is one of my old favorites growing up- minus the meat, egg, and dairy products that are normally used. My favorite part about “meatloaf” is slicing it for leftover sandwiches the following day. Sometimes if you’re feeling creative you can top it with caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, some extra sauce, and cook it on a grill pan for the perfect crunch!
Yields 8-10 slices
1 (8 oz. container) baby Bella mushrooms
2 cups cooked lentils
1/2 cup steamed carrots
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1-1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
1 tsp. fresh parsley, minced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. tamari sauce
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup organic flour
1/2 cup cooked potato or sweet potato
4 Tbsp. ketchup
1 tsp. siracha
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Prepare sauce ingredients by combining in a small bowl and whisking until mixed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until chunky and well combined.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, add the flour, oats, and mix until mixture comes together.
- On a baking sheet lined with foil, lightly oil and place mixture on to the baking sheet. Shape into a loaf shape and wrap sides up.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven 5 minutes before it is done and add the sauce on top.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or choice of side.
Chef’s tip: Feel free to opt-out of the sriracha sauce if you are not looking for a spicy sauce.