Crunchy, delectable, dunk-able—now that’s the triple threat for cookie connoisseurs (like me!). If you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth without feeling guilty, try these vegan-friendly chocolate chip cookies. And when you’re craving a little more, use your creativity to enhance the already-delicious flavor and texture profile of these nutritious treats. Simply add your favorite fix-ins, such as nuts, seeds or dried fruits, to the cookie dough and bake
Yields 44 cookies
1 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks, room temperature
1 cup Florida Crystals Organic Cane Sugar
2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 4 Tbsp. Water, mixed
2 1/2 cups King Arthur Organic Flour
2 tsp Plain Almond Milk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Simply Organic Madagascar Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Vitacost Himalayan Pink Salt
2 cups Vitacost Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips
Optional: 1 cup peanuts or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, combine your butter and sugar together. Cream the mixture until smooth consistency. Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, egg replacer mixture and set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry mixture to your wet mixture, stirring until all of the flour mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the optional nuts of your choice, do not over mix or break chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1/2 in diameter balls, and place onto a baking sheet. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Chef’s tip: Melt some additional chocolate. Once your cookies are cool to the touch, dunk one side and place on parchment paper to harden in fridge.
Chef’s tip: Substitutions** If you do chose to use a gluten free flour, you may have to press the cookie down with a fork to flatten. You may also switch out the organic cane sugar for coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, or any sugar of your choice.
One Reply to “Supreme Chocolate Chip Cookies”
I can’t wait to try these. They look so good. I will be using coconut sugar instead of reg. sugar. My mouth is drooling already. lol
Comments are closed.