Why yes, a Chocolate-Espresso Brownie does sound like an amazingly delicious treat! These cake-like brownies are dusted in powdered sugar with just the right amount of chocolate and espresso flavor. Without the use of eggs, “real” butter, and dairy, you are still able to get the perfect dessert. Dunk-able and stackable with ice cream and hot fudge, these brownies are universal in whichever way you’d like to enjoy! Feel free to add chopped walnuts or chocolate chips for some extra crunch or a warm gooey chocolate surprise.
Yields 16 brownies
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
4 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 8 Tbsp. filtered water
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3-4 Tbsp. ground expresso of choice
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup King Arthur flour
1/2 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg replacer until well combined and add the vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slowly add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until batter is combined and pour into a well greased or parchment lined baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Make sure not to over bake your brownies.
- Allow to cool before dusting with powder sugar.
- Serve with plant-based milk and/or ice cream.