This awesome banana bread is a mixture between coffee cake and marble loaf, two of my favorite things! Banana bread is the best when you have some bananas that are a bit too brown and mushy. Usually when I make a loaf, I always add an extra banana to the mixture for extra flavor and moistness. This is a great breakfast idea or mid-afternoon snack for busy days.
Yields 10 slices
4-5 ripe bananas, mashed
1-1/2 cup Organic King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
1 cup organic cane sugar
1/2 cup dairy-free butter
2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 4 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Pink Salt
1-1/4 tsp. coffee extract
1 Tbsp. Cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, prepare egg replacers according to package directions.
- In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Slowly add egg replacers, one at a time, and mix well. Add bananas and stir to combine.
- In separate mixing bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly combine dry and wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Add coffee extract and stir until just combined—do not overmix.
- Remove 1 cup of batter and place into a small bowl. Add cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased starting with the vanilla batter. Alternate layers between the two until all the batter is gone. Using a knife, give a few swirls to move the batter around.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. When ready, remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an air tight container.
Chef’s tip: Like your banana bread on the moist side? Add 1-2 more bananas to the batter and bake for an extra 5-10 minutes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.