Sometimes it can be difficult to find foods that fit our dietary and nutritional needs which is why I have created this gluten and acidic free pizza. Inspired recently by a fellow follower, who is unable to eat tomatoes and has certain dietary restrictions, I came up with this well suitable option. The next family dinner night you have, I invite you to try making this healthy alternative that will leave your belly full. Adding any toppings of your choice is always alright so feel free to get creative!
Yields 1 large pizza
1 head cauliflower (about 4 to 5 cups), riced
2 Tbsp. Bobs Red Mill Egg Replacer + 4 Tbsp. filtered water
1/4 cup vegan Parmesan, (optional)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. fresh basil, minced (optional)
1/4 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1/8 tsp. Spicely Organics Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp. Vitacost olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a box grater, grate your cauliflower to make the rice and set it aside.
- In a medium pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and pour in cauliflower rice. Allow to cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Drain using a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth. Squeeze any remaining liquid out- very important step.
- In a small bowl, combine your egg replacer and water. Set aside
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower rice, egg replacer, oregano, salt, pepper, basil, garlic, flour, and vegan Parmesan. Mix until dough l-like consistency forms.
- On a lined baking sheet with parchment paper, sprinkle with flour or corn meal to help keep it from sticking. Spread out the dough 1/2 in thick so it has a nice crust to it.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add your sauce of choice, vegetables, protein, cheese, or any topping you’d like. Return to the oven for an additional 7-8 minutes just to brown the toppings or cheese.
- Slice and enjoy with parsley or red pepper flakes on top.
Chef’s tip: Make sure to lightly spray or oil the parchment paper so it does not stick to the crust. Also, I pre roasted a few slices of sliced onion, mushroom, and bell peppers to place on top of the pizza before baking it again.
You must be logged in to post a comment.