The best meatless “meatballs” recipe, that is made out of farmed fresh ingredients, is here. Italian food like this is normally made with large amounts of cheese and meat. But not these ones guys! Having a dinner like this brings back so many good memories. In the process of making this recipe, I was able to reminisce in flavors that I remember as a child with my grandmother’s cooking. Those ladies sure know how to cook! Being able to create something that is 100% fresh and plant-based but still taste like a meatball is molto bene in my book!
Yields 10 medium
1 eggplant, peeled
1 cup cooked TruRoots Organic Sprouted Green Lentils
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 small yellow onion
1 tsp. fresh thyme
1 tsp. Simply Organic Oregano
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley
2 Tbsp. fresh basil
1/2 cup Edward & Sons Organic Panko Breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
1 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1/2 tsp Spicely Organics ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Begin by chopping both the eggplant and onion and placing onto a baking sheet that has been lightly oiled. Roast for 15 minutes or before it browns, once the liquid has been released.
- In a food processor- take your cooked lentils, eggplant and onion mixture, and garlic and pulse until mixed and smooth. Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add your thyme, oregano, parsley, and basil, breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and mix to combine. If mixture is moist, add more breadcrumbs. Allow mixture to set in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and place and light oiled pan. You will bake for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Turning every so often to get all sides crispy.
- Remove from the oven and serve with favorite sauce.
Chefs tip: You can add 1/2 cup vegan parmesan cheese to the mixture before rolling into balls.
You must be logged in to post a comment.