This light and fresh “cheesecake” will blow you and your friends away when you bring this over to your next family gathering or party. Made by soaking cashews over night and blending into a creamy mixture with aromatic flavors like lemon and fresh blueberries.
Yields 10 slices
3 cups cashew, soaked overnight
3/4 cup filtered water
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup lemon juice, reserved for half of the mixture
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups almonds
1 Tbsp. Butter
8-10 mejdool dates
1/2 tsp. Simply Organic almond extract
1/4 cup oats
- Spray and line with parchment paper the bottom of a round springform pan. Set aside for later.
- In a food processor, add the crust ingredients and process until it starts to form a sticky-like dough. Once clumped together, transfer to your springform pan and press it down evenly. Place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes.
- In a blender, take your soaked cashew, water, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla and blend until very smooth.
- Option** Cut mixture in half and add fresh blueberries. Blend until smooth. Pour 2 cups of filling on to almond crust, allow to firm up in freezer for 10 minutes. Then add the 2 cups of blueberry filling on top.
- Pour mixture on top of the almond crust and smooth down with back of a spatula. Place back into the freezer to set fully, about 5-7 hours (best results overnight).
- Allow cheesecake to thaw at room temperature for at least 20-30 minutes before serving.
Chef’s tip: You can either mix all of the filling ingredients together or if you want, you can split the mixture in half and add 1/2 cup of blueberries to the mixture.