Feast your eyes on the best Banana Cream Pie that is 100% dairy-free and homemade! This graham cracker pie shell filled with bananas and a homemade vanilla pudding is the ultimate dessert! Simply add cacao nibs and sliced bananas to the top and you are ready to serve. This banana cream pie has an amazing natural flavor of fresh organic bananas as well as a smooth coconut cream.
Yields 8 slices
1 Keebler Ready Crust Graham Pie Crust
1/3 cup organic cane sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1-1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract + 1/2 tsp. for whipped cream
1-2 banana, sliced
1 (14 oz) can coconut cream, not the liquid
4 Tbsp. Vitacost powdered sugar
pinch of Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt, optional
- In a sauce pan on medium-high heat, add the almond milk, sugar, cornstarch and salt; stirring until dissolved.
- Once mixture is boiling, reduce to medium-low and cook for 2-3 minutes, removing from heat and setting side. When cooled, add the vanilla extract. Place into a glass bowl and cover the top. Chill for 2 hours in the fridge.
- In a KitchenAid stand mixer, add the cream and whip on high until soft peaks form. Slowly add the powder sugar to the mixer. Then add the vanilla and whip again for 1-2 minutes.
- Take the pudding out of the fridge and fold together the whipped cream and pudding.
- Slice bananas and add some to the bottom layer. Fill with pudding mixture and top with bananas, cacao nibs, and extra whipped cream if you’d like. Place back into the fridge for 2 hours to set before serving.
Chef’s tip: For optimal quality, allow to set overnight and then serve.