These creepy crawlers are a fun treat to make for Halloween by using vegan peanut butter cups as the base and melted chocolate to create the legs. Peanut butter cookies have always been a go-to cookie since they are easy to make and delicious. With the added chocolate and extra peanut butter, you’ll surely enjoy making these (as much as you will eating them!). Thank you to my friends at UNREAL for gifting me these cups and keeping me stocked on the most unreal candy around.
3 Tbsp. vegan butter, softened
3 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
2 Tbsp. light brown sugar, packed
1/8 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
3 Tbsp. peanut butter
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. oat mylk
1/2 cup flour + 2 tsp. organic all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
9 UNREAL peanut butter cups, unwrapped
1/3 cup non-dairy semi-sweet or dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a standmixer, combine softened butter, sugars, salt, peanut butter, and mix until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and oat mylk.
- Sift together flour with baking soda. Combine to wet ingredients and mix until dough forms. Shape dough into 9 balls and place in a lightly greased muffin pan.
- Bake for about 11 minutes and remove from oven. Allow cookies to cool for 3 minutes before placing UNREAL cups on each cookie. Cool in refrigerator completely.
- Place melted chocolate in a piping bag and cut a small hole. Make 54-60 legs in the shape of a 7 on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place the sheet in to the refrigerator until chocolate sets. Save remaining chocolate for piping the legs on to the cookies.
- Remove cookies from refrigerator, apply 3 drops of chocolate on sides of cookies to stick 3 spider legs on. Refrigerate as you work to help chocolate keep legs in place.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chef’s tip: Make sure to work fast! When applying the legs to the cookies, make sure to get them stuck and into the fridge so they can cool quickly to set. It’s best to work in small batches of three and allowing the legs to re harden in fridge periodically.