Turn plain biscuits into something special with this Easy Cheesy Biscuit recipe! It is 100% plant-based, dairy free, and insanely delicious. Whether you are enjoying biscuits and gravy in the morning or having a family dinner, these biscuits will do the trick.
Yields 24 biscuits
Serves 10-12 people
2 cups King Arthur organic flour
3/4 cup oat milk
1-1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup shredded vegan cheddar cheese
1/2 cup avocado oil
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1/8 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, oat milk, nutritional yeast, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and baking powder.
- Once dough-like consistency forms, fold in the cheese and green onions.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray it with oil.
- Remove dough from the bowl on to a lightly floured area. Roll dough into 1/2″ round and use a biscuit cutter to cut the dough. Place onto the lined baking sheet until all dough is used.
- Baked for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately
Chef’s tip: Pair this with my Sunflower Haché “Sausage” and Gravy.
Gravy Recipe, click here.
You must be logged in to post a comment.