A crispy pizza topped with colorful plant-based ingredients. Now that is a pie! Instead of using normal marinara sauce, this pizza is drizzled in hot sauce to make one of the simplest veggie pizza’s. After letting the dough rise and pressing it down into a circle or rectangle shape, you get to decide what you will top it with. This part can be totally up to you and what you have on hand or buy. I went with what I had and made this supreme hot sauce veggie pizza. After making this, you will be flipping dough in the air in no time! Make sure to give this a try the next time you are craving some pizza.
Yields 8 slices
2 1/4 tsp. Red Star Active Dry Yeast
1 tsp. Simple Truth organic sugar
1 cup warm filtered water
2 1/2 cups King Arthur organic flour
1/2 cup eggplant, cubed
1/4 cup red onion
4 small garlic cloves, whole
1/4 cup red hot sauce
Sprinkle vegan cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast, sugar, and warm water. Allow it to get foamy on top, roughly 5-7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir in the flour, oil, and salt to form the dough. Allow to rest for 20 minutes covered.
- When dough is done resting, then out onto a lightly floured surface to roll pizza into circle or rectangular shape.
- Pour hot sauce over dough and then add your toppings.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then rotate- cooking for an additional 5-10 minutes or until desired browness is achieved.
Chef’s tip: To crisp up the sides and top of the pizza, place under the broiler after baking for 2-3 minutes. This will get you a nicely colored crust and crispy-gooey cheese. If for any reason the bbq sauce it too spicy, you can add 1 Tbsp. vegan butter to mild it out.