Roasted to perfection, these oil-free potatoes and veggies are the ultimate holiday experience! Using some vegetable broth and lemon, you can actually create a natural oil that will allow your food to not stick. Toss in fresh slices of orange and some herbs from your garden to give you the perfect side dish for any dinner or holiday party. Simply add your roast of choice and allow all of the flavors to meld together until its all done.
Yields 5 servings
1/4 cup vegetable broth
24 oz. potatoes
3-5 small carrots
1 celery stick, cut in 4 pieces
1 small onion, halved and quartered
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1/4 tsp. black ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a roasting dish, place the thawed Tofurky on the bottom. Season and coat evenly with poultry seasoning, vegan butter, and thyme.
- Place the potatoes, onion, celery, and carrots around the Tofurky.
- In a small bowl, mix the rosemary, parsley, lemon juice, and garlic. Pour this mixture over the potatoes and season with the salt and pepper.
- Place in to the oven and bake for 1-1/2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy
Chef’s tip: You can always add orange slices for extra citrus flavor!