These gooey and crunchy cookies will leave your mouth watering, once you smell and taste how good they are! Recently, I created this recipe for a good friend of mine who wanted a cookie with macadamia’s and dark chocolate- so what did I do? Made her this recipe! So get ready to impress your friends and family with these awesome nutty cookies!
Yields 24 cookies
1 cup Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks, room temperature
2 1/2 cups King Arthur organic flour
2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer Gluten Free + 4 Tbsp. Water, mixed
2 tsp plain almond milk
1 tsp Simply Organic almond extract or vanilla extract
1/4 tsp Simply Organic ground nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup Royal Hawaiian Orchards Natural Macadamias Unsalted, coarsely chopped
Optional Caramel Sauce:
1/8 cup plain almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp coarse rock salt
- Preheat oven to350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combin sugar and butter and cream together. Add the egg replacer into the creamed sugar mixture until well incorporated.
- Pour the flour, baking soda, almond milk, almond extract, salt, and nutmeg into the bowl and stir until dough has formed. Gently fold in the dark chocolate and chopped macadamia nuts.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place onto a baking sheet. Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Drizzle cookies with caramel sauce or smear over the top. Cool and serve or store in container.
Chef’s tip: For an extra crunch, make sure to add some almond slivers or chopped walnuts to the dough mix!
Chef’s tip: Substitutions** If you do chose to use a gluten free flour, you may have to press the cookie down with a fork to flatten. You may also switch out the organic cane sugar for coconut sugar, pure maple syrup, or any sugar of your choice.