Sometimes in life you need a good shortcut, especially when it comes to a recipe. That’s why these crab cakes are made with heart of palm and not crab meat! Whether you are vegan or don’t eat fish, these crabless cakes are just for you.
14 oz. heart of palm
1/4 cup plant-based mayonnaise
1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
2 Tbsp. scallions, chopped
1 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
1 tsp. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer + 1/4 cup water, prepared
1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs, divided
2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- Begin by draining hearts of palm and shredding them. Slice into medium size pieces and oat dry with a paper towel.
- In mixing bowl, combine shredded hearts of palm, mayo, green bell pepper, red pepper, scallions, dill, parsley, prepared egg replacer, salt, pepper and half breadcrumbs. Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Form into 4 patties and gently press into bread crumbs to coat.
- In frying pan on medium heat, add oil and once hot, place cakes in pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from pan onto a cooling rack with paper towel under to catch any oil drips.
- Serve warm with remoulade sauce and garnished with micro greens and lemon wedge.
Chef’s tip: Freeze tightly wrapped for up to 1 month.