Time to heat up the broiler and get these peppers charred! Sometimes side dishes or appetizers are best when they are simple and minimal, like this recipe. These Shishito peppers may be simple but they pack a ton of flavor! Paired with a homemade vegan garlic aioli, this appetizer will become the new crowd pleaser in your house. Give it a god and let me know what you think, I guarantee it to be a huge hit!
6 oz. Shishito peppers
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the broiler and set the rack on the second lowest setting from the top.
- In a bowl, combine all of the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Spread the shishito peppers in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil the peppers until lightly blistered, 3 to 5 minutes; Shaking frequently.
- Remove the peppers and place them onto a platter.
- Serve immediately with garlic aioli dipping sauce.
Chef’s tip: Roast your garlic for an added depth of flavor!
You must be logged in to post a comment.