What’s better than a homemade raspberry syrup for your bubbly on New Years Eve or Day? The answer to that is probably the champagne! Give your night some serious elegance with this flavorful and organic syrup. These Raspberry Bellini’s are surely going to be the life of the party. Simply spoon some of the raspberry syrup to the bottom of any champagne flute, add your champagne of choice and garnish with mint and a raspberry. It’s super simple and will make any New Year a berry good one!
Yields 4-5 servings
1 lb fresh raspberries
2 cups filtered water
2/3 cup organic raw agave
1/4 tsp lemon zest
Mint, for garnish
Bottle of Prosecco
- In a sauce pan on medium-high heat, add the raspberries and cover with water. Allow to boil for 15-20 minutes, skimming any foam on the top.
- Strain the raspberries using a fine mesh strainer into a small pot (do not press the raspberries to get more juice).
- Turn the heat to medium-high and add the agave to the raspberry liquid. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add lemon zest, and allow to completely cool. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to 7-10 days.
- To make the Bellini, simply add a spoonful of the raspberry syrup to a champagne flute and top with Prosecco.
- Garnish with mint and raspberries.
Chef’s tip: For added flavor, combine 1/4 cup pineapple juice to the raspberries and allow to reduce down till syrup consistency is achieved.
You must be logged in to post a comment.