How to cook a perfect plant-based roast “turkey” this holiday season without the turkey! My plant-based Roast “Turkey” is flavorful, has great texture, and pairs well slathered in my homemade mushroom gravy. Whether you decide to stuff it with my Pecan and Pear-Bourbon Stuffing or not, your family and guests will surely be impressed!
Yields 5 servings
1 (8 oz. can) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup vegetable broth
2 Tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
1-1/4 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic, minced
2 tsp. parsley, chopped
3/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp. smoke flavoring
1 tsp. ground white pepper
1 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
2-1/4 cup vital wheat gluten
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup oat flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a blender, combine everything except for the nutritional yeast, oat flour, and vital wheat gluten. Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients you didn’t add in above’s step. Pour the mixture into the flour and stir until well combined.
- On a large piece of tin foil, scoop and shape into an even loaf. Wrap in tin foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 80 minutes; allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve immedietly with mushroom gravy.
Chef’s tip: If you would like a more firm roast, cook for an additional 30 minutes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.