When it comes to comfort food, this sausage and rice stew will get the job done. Being a hearty meal, filled with potatoes, carrots, and other flavors, brings forth lots of added nutritious components. This is one of my favorites because it remind me of a “boeuf bourguignon” in French, which translates to Beef Bourguignon.
Yields 4 servings
4 Beyond Meat sausages
1 Tbsp. Avocado oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 medium parsnips, diced
10-12 Dutch potatoes
4-5 medium carrots, diced
3 garlic cloves, smashed
3/4 cup red wine
1 Tbsp. tomato paste
2-3 sprigs thyme
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
4 cups simple truth organic vegetable broth
2 bay leaves
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups white rice, cooked
- In a stock pot on medium-high heat, add oil and sausages, browning each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add chopped onion, parsnips, carrots, smashed garlic, potato’s, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn to high heat and pour in the red wine. Cook for roughly 2-3 minutes. Add the vegetable stock, tomato paste, thyme, parsley, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Give a good stir.
- Once boiling again, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes (slightly covered).
- Before you serve, add the cooked rice.
- Serve immediately.
Chef’s tip: Enjoy this stew with a nice slice of warm bread that has a nice crust to it.
You must be logged in to post a comment.