Italian Wedding Soup has always been one of my favorite soups, especially growing up as a kid. Thanks to Sunflower Family USA, I’m able to re create some awesome meatless meatballs using their sunflower haché. It’s packed with protein and a great alternative to tofu, tempeh, or seitan. This is one of the best Italian wedding soups I’ve had, and I’m here to tell you how easy it truly is to make this soup. It may just be your new favorite thing to make!
3 (16 oz.) vegetable broth 12 c
2-1/4 cups chopped escarole
1 cup Acini de pepe or pearl couscous
1 box Sunflower Haché
1 small onion, grated
2 Tbsp. avocado oil
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp. Egg Replacer + 4 Tbsp. filtered water, mixed
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 Tbsp. Nutritional yeast or parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer or oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, soak the haché according to the box instructions. Combine the onion, parsley, egg replacer, garlic cloves, salt, breadcrumbs, and nutritional yeast. Using a teaspoon, shape the mixture into 1-inch round “meatballs”; Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring the vegetable broth to a boil on medium-high heat. Add the acini de pepe, and escarole; Simmer on medium for 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Cook meatballs for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Serve soup with meatballs added at the last minute.
Chef’s tip: Do not cook the meatballs in the soup or it will fall apart.