Having a dinner party or a small get together and you are unsure of what to make? Why not try these delicious cashew cream cheese stuffed mushrooms. Fresh herbs mixed together in a cheesy cream cheese mixture will make your guests mouths water. Give these a shot, and get the party started the right way.
Yields 10 stuffed mushrooms
Cashew “Cream Cheese”:
1 cup Vitacost organic whole raw cashews, soaked overnight
1 1/2 Tbsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. dried onion flakes
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
half of a lemon, juiced
3 Tbsp. filtered water
1/4 tsp. Vitacost Himalayan Fine Pink Salt
3 Tbsp. vegan “Parmesan” cheese
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 cup Edward & Sons Organic Panko Breadcrumbs
1/8 cup vegan “Parmesan” cheese
2 tsp. parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks
1/3 cup vegetable broth
1 tsp. tamari
pinch of white pepper
1/8- 1/4 tsp. corn starch
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse together cashews, onion flakes, garlic powder, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, water, oregano, salt, pepper, and “Parmesan cheese” on high until well combined and smooth. Place mixture into a small mixing bowl and add the parsley.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour to set and let flavors meld.
- Fill mushrooms with cream cheese mixture. Mix together parsley, butter, bread crumbs and “parmesan cheese”.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until top is bubbly and golden.
- In a sauce pan, add all of the demi-glace ingredients (except for corn starch). Bring to a slight bowl and whisk in the corn starch.
- Cook on medium-high for 2 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened. Pour on to the bottom of the plate and add mushrooms on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Chef’s tip: You can make a vegetable mushroom gravy sauce to go on the bottom of a plate. Then put the mushrooms on top of the gravy and serve with a dash of parsley.