Yield 1 loaf (8-10 slices)
1/2 cup dairy-free butter, room temperature
1 cup organic cane sugar
2 Tbsp. egg replacer + 4 Tbsp. water
5 ripe bananas, mashed
1-1/2 cup organic all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In small bowl, prepare egg replacers according to package directions.
- 2. In mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until creamy. Slowly add egg replacers, one at a time, and mix well. Add bananas and stir to combine.
- 3. In separate mixing bowl, sift flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- 4. Slowly combine dry and wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Add vanilla, chocolate chips and stir until just combined—do not over-mix.
- 5. Pour batter into greased and/or floured loaf pan. Bake 60 minutes or until golden brown. When ready, remove from oven and let cool completely.
Chef’s tip: To give this banana bread an extra zing, swap the vanilla extract for orange extract.